From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:57:32 -0500
The view most shown yesterday (CNN, MSNBC) were from the north lawn of The
White House, and I highly doubt any of those flags visible are at risk these
days, as they are along a plaza next to the West Wing.   Even those along
the surrounding streets (outside the gated compound) are less likely to be
"liberated" now-days as the presence of Uniformed (and non-uniformed) Secret
Service has increased exponentially over the past few decades.  In the past
(say the 1970s) you would walk past The White House and the manned gates
would be open at all hours.  Now those gates stay shut all the time unless
people/vehicles are coming/going.  Just an observation of a life-long
resident of the DC area.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM