From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:25:46 -0500
On Jan 23, 2008 8:45 AM, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Continuing education is the way to go and ANY
> program that makes me a better Records Manager and RIM professional is
> beneficial.  It all helps to raise the level of the profession in general.
> It specifically helps to raise my game so I can take the next step(s) up
> the ladder.

I wholeheartedly agree that continuing education is the way to go. I am
always looking for new opportunities to expand my horizons which is why I
sign up for webinars, free IT magazines and doing RAIN

I would like to point out one reason why I am such a bug for whether or not
someone has received a certificate or has been certified. Several years ago
there were folks who would attend a records management training
class/course/program. They would receive a certificate of completion. Some
attendees would then call themselves a CRM assuming that the certificate
that they had received made them a certified records manager. that has not
happened in quite a while.

as for the ISO 17024 standard it looks like, from my searching that the
sponsoring organization was the IEC The International ElectroTechnical
Commission. International Standards and conformity assessment for
government, business and society for all electrical, electronic and related
technologies.
 I would imagine that they supported the development of the standard so that
national organizations that certify folks in technical areas would be
following the same methodology. I have no problem with that, just trying to
understand how and why the standard was developed.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va