From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:42:34 -0600
"In my view, the most critical component being managed is the RECORDS"

Once again Larry is right on target with his response.  I personally
prefer RIM as it's critical that  we need to manage the records and it's
nice to be able to begin managing them as information BUT not essential.
It makes the process of records management more transparent to the user
(in most cases) by capturing some if not all of the stuff needed as close
to creation as possible but it can be done , abiet more painfully, at the
time it becomes an official record.

That being said I'm officially back to being an RM managing an RM program
because I've not yet been able to convince enough Senior management that
information needs management.  Unofficially I still stump under the RIM
moniker and will someday prevail or move on to an environment where this
is true.  Remember it's a journey not a project or in the words of  Jimmy
Buffett "Breathe in Breathe out, Move on"

If we can come across as being value added to the enterprise  and show
that by managing all records AND information we can make employee's
/enterprises more productive (Right information,Right peoples hands, Right
way, Right time) by being more responsive to customers.lower product
development/cycle times and re-use common material  it's a win-win
situation .  Oh and by the way if we do that we also lower
individual/enterprise risk and reduce costs that's icing on the cake.

I'll climb off my Meredith Wilson soapbox now and return to shivering (-31
windchill and more snow today)

Have a great week-end

Steve Petersen CRM
Records Manager