From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:28:22 -0600
On 1/31/08, Grevin, Fred <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Yes, I have it at home--alas for me:  it'll take me forever to learn the new interface
> (driving me crazy in the meantime).  Switching between Word 2003 (my office)
> and Word 2007 (home) makes it worse.
Many organizations (including mine) are still using Office 2003.  I
don't expect we'll migrate till middle or late this year.  I suspect
we are in the majority of companies.

> I tried the Compatibility Pack--it didn't help, and I'm not about to WASTE MY
> TIME trying to figure out why---which brings us back to the main point: if MS
> wanted to publish this White Paper to a Broad Audience, why use a limited-
> distribution file format?????
I was able to get the viewer to download and installed but did take a
while.  Then I attempted to use the viewer to convert to a 2003
version so I could share with my employees and IT manager.  Shame on
me - the file size increased dramatically from  from 1.5 MB (.docv) to
over 20 MB (.doc).  Next time I'll just convert to PDF...

--
Bruce L. White, CRM, PMP
Houston, TX