From:
"Shelton, Alicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:52:00 -0600
Sheryl asked: "Does anyone have any suggestions about how I might market
myself to seek work in the
field, or any personal experience that might be helpful?"

If you can afford to, join your local ARMA chapter and attend meetings.
If your chapter is small, offer to volunteer and help out with the
board, most ARMA boards love volunteers!! (If you're in the Austin, TX
area please drop me a line.  We always need help.) :)

With an MSLIS you probably won't be able to get into an Records Manager
position right off the bat, but a records analyst position should be
well within your reach.  If you don't see any posted network, network,
network and find out if there are any records managers in your area that
could use a little help.

I know that's not much, but that's what's worked for me!  Good luck!

Alicia Shelton
Systems Analyst
The University of Texas System