From:
Dana Yanaway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 06:56:14 -0500
Thanks for the clarification Peter.

Things which are transitory (whether e-mail or a post it note or a scribble
on a cocktail napkin) and, as such do not meet the definition of "RECORD"
may still need to be managed as information for the duration of their life.
Which is exactly what I was saying before. They still need to be managed,
even though they are not E-mail

this is not to say that post-it notes or even cocktail napkins can't be
records. like everything else we talk about here it is the CONTENT of the
information which establishes its value as a record or not, NOT the media
upon which the information was recorded.