From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 02:03:54 -0500
In the Rain posting on the theft of Trade Secrets on our aircraft by
China:

> In 1985, Chung traveled to China without his employer's knowledge
> and lectured on aircraft and space technology at government-
> controlled universities and aircraft manufacturers, authorities
> contend.
>
> He then collected manuals on aircraft fatigue and design of the
> F-100 fighter, X-15 rocket plane and B-70 bomber, prosecutors allege.
>
> The government believes those manuals reached China, Assistant U.S.
> Attorney Ivy Wang said. Investigators found a trove of other
> material allegedly stolen from Boeing in a "crawl space" under his
> home in Orange, she said.
>
> During the 2006 search of Chung's home, investigators found
> documents on the space shuttle's phased-array communications
> system, Boeing's heavy-lift Delta IV space booster and the Air
> Force's C-17 Globemaster III troop and cargo transport, according
> to court document.

Shouldn't the government have someone named Smith or Brown or Jones
pursue this case.  I mean is Ivy Wang the best we can do?  Just so we
as a country don't look like morons shouldn't we have someone who
does not have give the appearance of being on the other side be the
lead dog on this case.

In the time I have been on this Listserve I have read a dozen cases
where Chinese engineers have stolen technology (Sandia, Dupont,  and
so on)  and took it home to the Mother country.  Let's make them at
least bribe Americans like Johnson or Baker, then the money at least
stays here.

No wonder our enemies don't respect us.  I bet a guy named Smith
couldn't even get a job in China.

The only secret I have had all these years is my Mother's secret
oatmeal chocolate chip and here I come to find it is now published on
the Quaker Oats box.  Is nothing safe?

Hugh Smith