From:
Jennifer Doherty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 10:26:42 -0800
Actually - we would be very interested in a candidate who has experience with data harvesting/capturing and metadata transformation.  We're a scientific and technical information repository and as part of our acquisitions efforts we're always looking for new 'pockets' of existing material to harvest or exchange with other organizations and ingest into our collection. Candidates with this kind of experience are very important for us, as we need a candidate with the content knowledge (i.e. understand the actual content of the data) as well as the technical knowledge (i.e. designing specs for code etc.).   Our primary database contains a MARC-like metadata record with a link out to our image repository containing document images in PDF Searchable Image Exact (SIE).

Hope that helps...

Jen