From:
Angel Ramos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:02:13 -0500
I only see the following requirements at SJSU MARA:
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS [TOC] http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/mara/index.htm#requirements
     At least a B.A. or B.S. degree from a regionally accredited institution in any discipline with 3.0 minimum GPA on the most recent 60 semester units (or 90 quarter units) of coursework.

     The School requires that all students have computer access from home or work. See Home Computing Requirements.

     The School also requires that all students have a general understanding of computers and technology. See Technology Literacy Requirement.

     In addition to the requirements mentioned above, INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS must meet the following:
     TOEFL score of 600 (paper version) or 250 (computer version)
     OR
     - Provide records showing that the primary language of undergraduate instruction was in English.
     - Not a United States citizen or a United States permanent resident? [TOC]
     You are not required to obtain an F1 student visa. You will not be entering the United States since the program is conducted online.

APPLICATION INFORMATION [TOC]
     The application process information will appear here as soon as it is set up by the University. We expect the application system for MARA to open in the middle of April.  We will accept applications through July. We will admit no more than 30 for the first cohort.

One value of a masters degree is being able to take the post-graduate degree in Records Management with William Saffady's LIU.
http://www.cwpost.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/cics/cert_records.html

Are there any other online degree programs with a records management focus besides SJSU MARA?  I found the following RM or archival studies programs which don't appear to offer distance learning:
http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/SOIS/academics/cas.htm
http://www.albany.edu/cci/informationstudies/msis.shtml
http://www.sis.pitt.edu/~dlis/academics/specializations/archives/archives.html
http://www.clis.umd.edu/programs/archives_program.shtml

Any info or corrections would be appreciated,
Angel Ramos
Analyst, Records Management
Transactional Law & Records
Records & Information Mgmt. ("RIM")