From:
"Bradley, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2008 09:54:35 -0400
This is my first posting.  I am thrilled to have found this venue for
feed-back from professionals in the industry and to use as a tool for
research.

I have recently joined a financial organization as their Document
Manager. Before I arrived they purchased an imaging system from Cannon
call ImageWare, they outsourced the scanning, then loaded the data into
ImageWare using a directory tree format. The problem I am dealing with
is when they scanned the documents they didn't break them down by
subject, so I am charged with separating and indexing PDF's that are 900
- 1000 pages. Needless to say this is a mind numbing process.  The data
was loaded in a text searchable format, but queries produce too many
results and are inefficient.  There have been multiple problems with
this vendor in terms of communication and follow-up. We soon ran into a
space issues because Cannon loaded all of our data into one cabinet
which has a maximum limit of 2GB, and the problems just goes on and on.
My opinion is that this was a band aide approach to the bigger problem.
We need an enterprise system. We are now looking for a new vendor, but I
want to make sure that the data I am separating and indexing can be
imported into a new system. The ImageWare data can be exported in a CSV
format which I am fairly certain should be compatible with most RIM
systems. Our biggest challenge is we are running two operating systems
parallel, Apple and PC, which doesn't help the situation. At times, I
feel like this is a hopeless situation.

Question #1: Has anyone successfully imported data from Cannon's
ImageWare into an enterprise system or imaging module?

Question #2: Is anyone currently running parallel operating systems,
window and apple.  If so, how is it working?

You can respond to me off list...

Mary Bradley

The Investment Fund for Foundations

Four Tower Bridge

200 Bar Harbor Drive, Suite 100

West Conshohocken  PA 19428

610.684.8033 (office)

This message and any attached documents contain
information which may be confidential, subject to
privilege or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. These materials are solely for the use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient of this transmission, you are hereby
notified that any distribution, disclosure, printing,
copying, storage, modification or the taking of any
action in reliance upon this transmission is strictly
prohibited. Delivery of this message to any person
other than the intended recipient shall not
compromise or waive such confidentiality, privilege
or exemption from disclosure as to this
communication.

please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message from your system.