From:
"Grevin, Fred" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2008 07:26:44 -0400
Peter, that was the point of my original posting (the Municipal Archives
uses an add-on called "BarCodeWiz", one of many we found through a
search of the Microsoft Web site).

However, Samar Qandil (my colleague at the NYC Department of
Environmental Protection---DEP) sent me the following message "I just
checked it out in Word and Excel. The bc [bar code] fonts are in the
'pulldown' font menu below Arial Unicode MS."

When I checked the fonts folder in MY Windows Control Panel (which is
the source of fonts for most programs), there was no bar code font, so I
suspect some installations of Windows include a bar code font and some
do not (Samar and I both use Windows XP Pro).

For those interested in using bar codes, having a number of bar code
fonts built into Windows would certainly be attractive.

Best regards.

Fred
Frederic J. Grevin
Email: [log in to unmask]