Date:
Fri, 9 May 2008 15:41:26 -0400
On May 9, 2008, William wrote:

"Well, obviously Jon there are many of us who don't agree this is the proper forum for your frivolity. As for me, if there is a repeat of yesterday's posts any time soon I'll be signing off permanently - and I've been a member for over 10 years."

I have been a list member for about a year and I must say that yesterday's explosion of e-mails about songs was the worst day so far, right ahead of the BBQ discussion.  Frivolity is nice sometimes as we all work to accomplish our organizaltional goals, but I don't think this is the forum for it.  I don't mind the "me too" postings at all because I, as one of the earlier posts today mentioned, get to see who is interested in what.  I especially like to see what my fellow RIM colleagues are working on locally.  To William's point above, I have come close to signing off a couple of times, yesterday was one of them and the BBQ day was the other.

I feel the list is a wonderful resource so I am looking forward to more RIM-related discussions.

Thanks,
Stephen A. Smith, MLIS, CRM, CDIA+
Records Manager
QVC, Inc. Information Services