From:
Deborah Gouin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 17:00:06 -0400
Earl;
I do not believe you are being too picky.  If the vendor doesn't hear what
your needs are, it is an indication that they won't hear what you want or
need after you buy from them.  If this is a product that must be implemented
by the vendor I would really be concerned.  Projects take a lot of
communication and listening skills for success.  The fact that they aren't
listening in the sales calls would be a red flag to me.  One would conclude
they don't listen in the implementation phase either.

As for spelling and grammar mistakes, it shows a lack of attention to
detail.  Nearly every email product used today has spelling and grammar
check.  I would ask why didn't the vendor's rep turn on the feature?
Perhaps they just don't care about what they are doing, and if that is the
case why would you want to do business with a vendor that doesn't care?

My two cents.
Regards,

Deborah I. Gouin, CA
Electronic Records Archivist
University Archives & Historical Collections
Michigan State University
101 Conrad Hall
East Lansing, MI 48824-1327
Phone: 517-355-2330