From:
"McLemore, Dustin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 14:41:08 -0500
Nelly (and all in this boat),

I'm writing my thesis right now on Developing an Ideal Model for a
Public Utility Records Management System and will be using the
list-serve to notify members of a survey and some focused interviews as
part of my methodology.  You might want to consider something along the
lines of records management relevant to the field that you work or study
in.  For example, if your master's degree is on IT, you might consider
something like in the area of Electronic Document Storage or Long-Term
Retention Practices.  Use a categorical approach to develop your
conceptual framework.  Think of something like a Practical Ideal Type,
Working Hypothesis, Models of Operations Research, or Formal Hypothesis
and develop your methodologies around what you decide.  You might want
to check out Dr. Patricia Shields' website on Classifying
Micro-Conceptual Frameworks for more information at
http://uweb.txstate.edu/%7Eps07/conframe.htm.  I know that helped me a
lot.  I chose something relevant to my field of study and career and it
has worked well for me.  Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dustin McLemore
Records Manager
Austin Energy