From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 16:58:47 -0400
I read an article in the Winter 2008 issue of Disaster Recovery Journal
(www.drj.com <http://www.drj.com/> ) that starts with the following
quote from Aesop.  Although this quote is about BIA, I thought it fits
teamwork quite well.  Thought I'd share it for a Friday treat!  8-)

The Members of the body once rebelled against the Belly, who, they said,
led an idle, lazy life at their expense. The Hands declared that they
would not again lift a crust even to keep him from starving, the Mouth
that it would not take a bit more food, the Legs that they would carry
him about no longer, and so on with the others. The Belly quietly
allowed them to follow their own courses, well knowing that they would
all come to their senses, as indeed they did when, for want of the
nourishment supplied from the stomach, they found themselves fast
becoming skin and bone. This is about business impact analysis and why
it can be so hard to do it well. What, you may ask does this anatomical
rebellion have to do with BIAs? Simply this: organizations are complex
entities, not unlike the human body and, with the possible exception of
the appendix, all the parts that aren't redundant (e.g., eyes, ears,
kidneys) are critical to the overall well-being of the individual.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division