From:
Trudy M Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 17:58:52 EDT

I get these and similar ones.  I delete them.
Ganesh's suggestion is good however.

John  wrote "........You click on the site and they ask for a host of
information  about you....almost everything but your shoe  size..........."

And for the most part the data  collected by the vendors through these
information forms is usually  garbage.  How many times we have put Name
as"sfjslkdjfklsdj" and Company  as "sdlfkjdsljf" and City as "sdfjsdfjdslj"...and well you
get the  idea...

Since e-mail is required to received the link,  typically that's the only
valid piece of data that they are able to  collect.

Vendors should really do away with these three page  forms....make it simple
for them and for us.

Also if it's  really "free". why can't vendors just put these whitepapers on
their website  as links that we can view or download as  appropriate...

Whitepapers are meant for information sharing  ...what is than the point of
restricting information to only those who  complete a 3-part form?

Thanks
Ganesh  Vednere
Capgemini, New  York