From:
Paula Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2008 09:32:13 +1200
Hi Nelly

If you are going to complete your thesis the topic you choose has got to
be interesting to you, so I would suggest a little reading around the
subject first.  This is going to take up a lot of your time so choose
something that you are at least interested in but ideally passionate
about - what aspects of your IT masters are you enjoying; Systems
development, SOA, enterprise architecture, web 2.0 etc.  Take the IT
topics you are most interested in and see if there is a corresponding
records management angle to take.  This will allow you to complete a
thesis that is relevant for your masters degree and bring together two
fields that can often have very different opinions on what records
management actually means!

Suggestions:
done
 - Read the literature and see what the hot topics are
 - See what conversations are happening on the listserves - what are we
as professionals (IT and RiM) talking about, needing help with etc
 - Attend your local ARMA chapter meeting and talk to people in the
field

Topic suggestions:
 - EDRMS/ECM implementation methodologies - finding an approach that
really works,
 - Where does records management sit in an enterprise architecture
framework
 - Web 2.0, developing collaborative tools that can comply

Good luck!
Paula

Paula J Smith    MSc,  BSc (Hons) | Records Manager

PHARMAC | Level 14, Cigna House, 40 Mercer Street, PO Box 10-254,
Wellington
P: +64 4 916 7552 | M: +64 021 437 847 | F: +64 4 460 4995 |
www.pharmac.govt.nz