From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2008 09:52:24 -0400
my two cents worth  on this subject. The audit like a litigation hold. The
problem I've found is that the vast majority of users have no idea when an
audit has taken place or is currently being done or when it was completed..
In some cases the audit may take place in only one group, but not another.

I think the better solution would be to state the retention period as

Termination + x years

If an audit takes place you notify the relevant departments that the records
are subject to an audit and that destruction is put on hold. Use the same
process you use for a litigation hold

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va