From:
"Porter, Shelley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2008 14:40:23 -0700
I am looking for some guidance but wanted to first introduce myself as I
am fairly new to the listserv.

My name is Shelley Porter and I am the Manager of Corporate Records for
Russell Investments.  Russell is a global firm providing investment
products and services to both individuals and institutions in over 45
countries.  Although we offer over 300 funds, we are most widely known
for the Russell Indexes (Russell 1000, Russell 2000 and Russell 3000).
I began my career with Russell designing systems in IT.  I moved into a
role within the investment business 11 years ago that was focused on
business systems and information management.  A year later we made the
pitch for records management and Corporate Records became part of
Corporate Legal.  I report to the Chief Legal Officer and my team is
focused on establishing global records management policies and best
practices for the organization.

Here is my question:  For the past several years, one of the records
team within the business has been using Accorde Records Manager and
Color Bar (which was originally Extempore before it was acquired) to
track paper records.  The team never made the jump to Fixed Records
Manager after Oracle acquired Optika(?) so they have been working with
an unsupported and technically unstable product.  They were going to
upgrade to FRM but as I understand it Oracle has announced an end of
life for this product of 2010.  Before they find themselves in the same
place two years from now, I would like them to understand what other
products might be available.

I am aware that most of the ECM players offer fixed records management
capabilities as part of their overall solution.  However, our ECM
strategy is currently on hold so the solution has to be stand alone and
meet their specific needs of tracking paper records.  Any products that
you have experience with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
Shelley

Shelley Porter
Manager, Corporate Records