From:
Philanthi Koslowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:43:23 -0500
All,

As someone new to the field, I have to echo this thought. In the process of learning/researching, I am absolutely amazed at how RIM is looked at outside of the US--especially in Australia and England.

My apologies if this next item is a bit off topic, but as RIM is related to the degree....

I am shortly going to receive my MILS, and have seen that the profession seems to be much more respected throughout the world than in the US. In fact, we had a guest speaker in one of my classes who is a special librarian for a well-know, worldwide corporation. She mentioned that whenever the CEO and/or senior executives presented/published company initiatives, it was very gratifying for her to know how much her efforts and the information she had obtained and often analyzed for them had contributed to the final product. However, when I asked her if her name was ever listed in the credits, she managed to choke out that it wasn't.

Very telling.............

Phil

Philanthi R. Koslowski
Administrative Support Services