From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 13:19:57 -0400
>Here is something I received about archiving Twitter--maybe it will help.
>
>http://www.flotzam.com/archivist/

Not knocking the sender, only the product.

One notable problem with the product is based on how Twitter itself works,
the product can only capture what's available since your last capture.
There is no guarantee that Twitter will either be "up" or that they haven't
purged content between your sessions when you enact the 'save', which is not
automated, it's manually enacted.  The only way to obtain continual content
is to leave the application open... and I doubt a State Gov office would be
willing to do that =)

"The Archivist allows you to start a search and will get as many results as
it can on the initial search.  If you leave The Archivist open, it will
update with the latest results every 10 minutes.  You can also close The
Archivist and open it later. The Archivist will save the tweets and get all
the tweets it can since that search."

Larry