From:
PKAlbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2009 14:01:36 -0400
All,

I am quite familiar with the People to People and I also received two
different letters from this year's organizers.  Just as someone mentioned,
Fred Diers headed up two or three different trips to China with RM'ers from
the US back in the 80's.  I have known several ARMA members who did
participate and make the trip and were very enlightened by what they had
seen.  In addition, following the US trip the two ARMA Chapters in
Washington, DC area at the time, Greater Baltimore and Washington DC area
Chapters then hosted a delegation from China to Washington DC.  Harry
Ludwick was President of ARMA at the time and we showed them all around DC,
including the White House, Library of Congress, National Archives to mention
only a few.  They were here for about a week and left very impressed with
the ARMA hospitality from the two chapters and International.

If anyone can afford the price tag, I understand it is a great experience.
The AIEF is also making some great in-roads in Africa by sending Records
Management books to the Records Management groups and the Foundation also
awarded a scholarship to a student in Africa.  He was invited to participate
in this year's ARMA Conference by presenting a paper, but unfortunately the
African Government turned down his Visa request three times.

I hope this help to better understand ARMA's past roll in the People to
People.

Phil Albert