From:
Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2010 11:12:38 +1100
Earl

here in Oz we use mostly opticon with some Fusion, but the trouble is, I've
no idea if that corresponds to your brand names down there - they are all
re-branded so often these days.

A couple of years ago we purchased 100 handhelds for a special project.
Bought on line, as cheap as possible, about A$90 each. They worked for the
project but for ongoing use they were utter rubbish. Our Opticons cost about
A$300 each, work well. My advice is, keep it simple, who you buy from is
more important than brand, and buy on price, about midway or better up the
range.

All ours are USB, plugged into Windows XP pcs, we swap them around, lend
them out etc as needed. Just plug them in and go. No software, the PC doen't
know or care if you use the keyboard or the scanner. We have them mostly
talking to Trim, but they work just as well into Excel.

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn Sanders
Australia
0407 187 333
These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any
previous or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked and
they'd agreed, I would have signed it "Harry Peck and Co and Glenn".
Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.