From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:20:40 -0500
On Mar 1, 2010, at 12:00 AM, RECMGMT-L automatic digest system wrote:
SNIP From Peter:

> From: Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: February 28, 2010 11:13:21 PM EST
> Subject: Re: Vendor Service Issues/Sales Rep Turnover (NFPA)

> Why not develop a series of webinars that could be taped and made
> available
> on the  FireLock website. individuals would register for the
> webinars, they
> could submit attendance as part of their certification maintenance

First there was criticism that the NFPA 232 Technical Committee was
not being responsive and when I point out the lack of effort by ARMA
and CRMs to step up and shoulder some responsibility, I find there is
no official interest by ARMA or ICRM.  If the key players have no
interest, why would anybody go to my web site to learn about it? What
credibility would I have? Besides the NFPA 232 says it all, you buy it
for $25.00 or so and now you know everything and your legal counsel
can review it.

1) How many on this List even own a copy of NFPA 232 Protection of
Records?
2) How many are members of NFPA so you can have a voice?

When the next revision comes out, I will post just a few of the places
where the business owner or its records manager could have some
amazing liability. Placing the records managers right in the center of
the target is finally going to wake some people up.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM