From:
"Julie J. Colgan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2010 10:49:23 -0400
Hi Brett,

First, congrats on making past the first 5 parts!

My opinion about the benefit of having an understanding of PM principles as
it pertains to successfully passing part 6 is that it may well help you form
a stronger business case.  Part 6 is essentially a proposal - you are
presented with a problematic business scenario and it's your job to decide
on a proper course then "sell" that course to the designated audience.

Someone who understands, for example, the constraint triangle, may be able
to better communicate the interplay between cost, resources and time and why
those are important factors and drive a specific solution/approach.

I don't think you should worry about trying to "show off" your PM knowledge
however - if you want to do that, go sit for the PMP exam!  Besides, you
won't have time to stray far from the core RIM pieces anyway.  It is a
difficult test of your knowledge, thinking and writing skills - do not
underestimate the time constraints!

Good luck!

Julie

--