From:
NKhramtsovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 2010 18:54:58 +0400
> Vaughan Spooner said>> section 2.5 is a direct steal out of ISO 9001 <

I am not trying to defend the project in question (or otherwise), - but some
clarification is needed. ISO is striving for the unification of the
terminology, structure and language of the different management system
standards. So there is no "stealing" from ISO 9001, that's standardization
for you :)

> Vaughan Spooner said>> Commenting on 30300 I will dispense with all the
> irrelevant stuff like confusing diagrams and wording like .....and to
> contribute to the preservation of collective memory (what has this got to
> do with the creation of records in a business environment?????); .....and
> the recognition of public interest....; ...potential future stakeholders
> (must we now be psychic); ....support the promotional activities......;
> ...future needs....; et al. <

I will respectfully disagree. As a former bank archivist, I can testify that
the "preservation of collective memory" isn't an empty slogan. Keeping the
historical records of an enterprise can be quite useful for the enterprise
itself (think marketing) and for the society (if the enterprise plays an
important role in the national or local economy).

You don't need to be a seer to take into account the interests of some
"potential future stakeholders". In my country, for example, one can think
about the records that could be useful for defending pension rights of the
former employees.

With my best regards,
Natasha Khramtsovsky