From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2010 22:38:39 -0400
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:16 PM, Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> If this has been posted *anywhere* by ARMA I haven't seen it. I just
> checked
> the website, their Twitter feed, and the Facebook page and didn't see it
> announced anywhere. I would be happy to retract this note if someone at
> ARMA
> can provide any evidence of having published this somewhere besides simply
> adding it to the Draft Standards page. But right now I am not happy about
> learning about this 11 days into the review period and from a completely
> different association.

have to agree with Jesse, was surprised to see it as an SAA tweet. The July
2010 Infopro made no mention that it would be coming up for review. but I
was surprised to see in that same issue the following announcement;
"we recently leveraged two members of this group to review and comment on
the three parts of ISO 16175: *Information and documentation — Principles
and functional requirements for records in electronic office environments*.
We incorporated those comments into ARMA’s negative vote; although there
were other negative votes and comments, the standards were approved."

didn't even realize that the standard was out there for review nor that only
2 members of the RIM Review group were selected to review and comment on the
standard

I'm not here to knock ARMA, but like Jesse asked was the review period for
the draft subject standard posted anywhere? and if not why not? I don't even
remember seeing it tweeted by ARMA or posted by ARMA to Facebook.

especially puzzling considering that the same issue of InfoPro contains the
following;

"Going forward, we will solicit volunteers to review ISO drafts as they are
being developed. We will also publicize more broadly the opportunities to
review and comment on ISO drafts as they become available at their various
stages of development.* Watch for announcements on the ARMA International
home page and in InfoPro, information posted in the standards area of the
ARMA International website*, *and postings to the records management
listserv."
*
I would think that the latter would generate more interest since the
announcements page does not have IIRC have RSS feed capabilities

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va