From:
Pat Denning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2010 09:58:51 -0700
Happy Friday everyone!

First let me introduce myself.  I've been in the records field for about 20 years (mostly in the private sector - healthcare).  Joined Salt Lake City Public Utilities about 1 1/2 years ago and am finding government a whole different animal.  Like most of you I have a sick compulson to file and bring order out of chaos.

Now to my request for help.  We are currently using Hummingbird as our records/document management system (previously used Alchemy).  There is talk that the city is now looking to SharePoint.  Public Utilities would like to lead the charge on this and we were wondering if anyone would share their experience (good and bad, pros and con) with us offline.  We are really interested in anyone using this in the utilities sector and/or government sector.  Also, if anyone is in the Salt Lake City, Utah vacinity that is using it and would be willing to have us visit, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for all of the wonderful information over the last year (as I've been lurking in the background) and any help you can provide now (and in the future).

Have a wonderful weekend,

Pat Denning
Records Technician
Salt Lake City, Utah