From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:53:22 -0500
On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 , Angie Fares <[log in to unmask]> replied:

>If an SAS-70 Audit has not been performed, then we would look for an
>alternative certification that indicates informed independent third
>party review of control processes in the service provided.  For example,
>if a shred provider did not have a SAS-70 Audit on file, then I would
>ask for NAID certification.

I think it would be critical to find out what NAID "certified against".
They have their own practice documents but they aren't 'standards', so is it
really a 'certification' or simply a review?

Does it relieve you as a service provider to a client of any obligations?
Would they (in this case, NAID) be willing to go to the mat for your client
if there was a problem?

SAS-70 is pretty strict in its criteria, so I don't know if you can really
accept "SAS-70 Lite" in lieu of the real deal.

Larry