From:
Ellie Kim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2010 13:21:44 -0800
Holiday Greetings from the ACA@UBC (Association of Canadian Archivists - University of British Columbia Student Chapter)!

We are pleased to announce that we have a confirmed program for our 2011 International Symposium - "The Law of Unintended Consequences: The right to be forgotten, the duty to remember.” Inspired by current issues in social media, the web, and mobile communications, which are producing a documentary heritage quite different from the traditional one, and made even more relevant by recent events such as the WikiLeaks revelations, our 3rd annual symposium will be held on February 11, 2011 at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver Campus.

Our speakers for the 2011 Symposium include:

§  Seamus Ross
University of Toronto

§  Agnes Jonker
Universiteit van Amsterdam / ARCHIEFSCHOOL

§  Karen Anderson
Mid Sweden University

§  Paul Conway
University of Michigan

§  Marnie Burnham
Library and Archives Canada

§  Jessica Squires
Library and Archives Canada

§  Jean-Francois Blanchette
University of California, Los Angeles

§  Marietta Minotos
National Archives of Greece

We encourage you to visit our website for a complete program, speaker biographies and detailed information about our event.
http://www.slais.ubc.ca/people/students/student-groups/aca/symposium2011/index.html

Register Online! The cost of tickets for this year’s symposium is $20 and includes lunch and refreshments. Click here:
http://www.slais.ubc.ca/people/students/student-groups/aca/symposium2011/registration.html

If you have any questions, please email us - [log in to unmask]

We look forward to seeing you in February!

ACA - UBC Student Chapter

The University of British Columbia

School of Library, Archival & Information Studies

Suite 470 - 1961 East Mall

Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1

[log in to unmask]http://tinyurl.com/ACA-SLAIS