From:
Stephanie Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2010 06:20:15 -0800
Season Greetings!
In you inquiry, I understand the "duplicate record" as a convenience copy or a
non-record. Convenience copies are just that...convenient for the user. However,
there will be times when the convenience copy will be used for a different
purpose than the original. In most times, the copy will become part of
another group of records as a supporting document. Therefore, will be destroyed
with that group of records when that retention is up. Othewise, I strongly
recommend destroying a convenience copy within six months to one year. This will
ensure the copy does not out live the original record, plus any issues that
arise after that time will need to be handled by the original record holder.

Stephanie Jones
Austin, TX
"A sense of humor is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with
people, of getting things done."

Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890 - 1969)