From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:18:56 -0700
> 2. No such thing as 'permanent'. All retention is based on an event to
> trigger a time period to trigger a disposal action, eg sale of asset plus
> seven years then delete. 'Permanent' is just an easy (slack) way of not
> analysing something properly. We use 'event plus 30 then review' instead of
> permanent (sometimes it's 99 not 30 but even that's an intellectual cop
> out).
>
> Regards
>
> Glenn

Oh Really?
I were born an Archivist. Done been trained by arguably the finest American Archivist of the twentieth century. While I been called "a slacked jawed yokel" its bin a while. s'long as you knoe whits best I ges I cun just rest easy.

'Permanent' is just an easy (slack) way of not analysing something properly. We use 'event plus 30 then review' instead of
permanent (sometimes it's 99 not 30 but even that's an intellectual cop out).

Is that yer finail answur or wood you kare to fone a frend?

Chris Flynn