From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:55:05 -0500
U.S. GAO - National Archives: Framework Governing Use of Presidential
Library Facilities and Staff
The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) operates
presidential libraries for all of the former U.S. presidents since Herbert
Hoover. These libraries received over 2.4 million visits in 2009, including
researchers, public program attendees, and museum visitors. Each library is
associated with a private foundation, which raised the funds to build the
library and then turned the library facility over to the federal government.
These foundations typically have ongoing relationships with the libraries
they built, and some of these library-foundation relationships involve
sharing of staff and facilities. Per congressional request, this report
describes the principal laws, regulations, and NARA policies that govern
library-foundation relationships and the appropriate use of library
facilities and staff. GAO reviewed specific laws governing presidential
libraries, and NARA regulations and policies. We also reviewed applicable
laws and regulations governing activities held on government property and
acceptable activities of federal employees. Further, we interviewed relevant
NARA officials. NARA reviewed a draft of this report and had no substantive
comments. NARA made technical suggestions which we incorporated as
appropriate. GAO is not making any recommendations in this report.

http://bit.ly/dS0dt2

Source: http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-11-390
See if people are clicking on this link:http://bit.ly/dS0dt2+
Try the bit.ly sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
http://bit.ly/pages/sidebar

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va