From:
alex campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2011 11:46:38 -0500
Peter, Wonderful article- thank you for sharing!

Wayne- the questions you bring up are extremely poignant and will likely
only be answered with time. Let me try to take a hack at a few of them:

1. I believe that there will be many more RIM related jobs in the future to
do exactly what you mentioned, help administer the software. It will take
throngs of software developers as well as talent within organizations to
manage the functionality of the programs as well as to respond to user
queries. If you want my opinion, it will be very important for people to
raise their "customer service  IQ" and always find new and innovative ways
to be of service.

2. RIM jobs will focus on interpreting intended uses of software and
ensuring that the software performs the desired outcome.

3. "The only thing constant is change" - Heraclitus. Things will probably
look a lot different in twenty years but certain RIM best practices will
remain. Thankfully there is an active RIM community to see that the best RIM
ideas are preserved for generations to come.

Have a great week everyone!

cheers,

Alex