From:
Mimi Dionne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2011 08:53:06 -0700
"In my opinion, the value add with IRCH and Zasio *is*
Julie wrote,

"In my opinion, the value add with IRCH and Zasio *is* the legal research.
For managing the schedule structure, links, cross-references and reporting,
I far prefer a more "standard", or less "proprietary", product such as
Access.  To me, the only reason to pay for one of those products is to gain
access to the research."

Todd, this advice is spot on. The legal research provided is very good. However,
I get an update every six months, so to stay current I perform an additional
citation reconciliation from other sources when it's time to refresh the
schedule.

Also, please note that if you're using citations but weighing them as citations
versus best practices, you won't get that measurement in Zasio. That's a call
by you and your entity's leadership.

The template RRS out of Zasio is appropriate for internal use in the Records
department. Note: you CAN design it to look differently; I find the redesign
capability not intuitive. So, I also use Excel to design my own
template--including a build-in of the records lifecycle (active state, retention
state, disposition/archives/knowledge management state). There are other
categories; again, those are driven by anticipating the needs of the company.

How else can I help you?
Mimi Dionne, MLIS, CA, CDIA+, CRM, PMP
Cell: 303.501.7657
Blog: http://rimnant.blogspot.com
Facebook: mimidionne
Twitter: @cawprhyd
LinkedIn: Mimi Dionne, PMP, CRM, CDIA+, CA
Email: [log in to unmask]