From:
"Grevin, Fred" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2011 12:09:32 -0400
TOPIC: The Manager in "Records Manager": "You mean I have to manage
people, too?"

SUMMARY: As a Records Manager, you rely on your people to get things
done and thus to build your department's reputation! We'll take a quick
dive into the manager's role in building a team that is committed to
your goals. From setting those goals, to communicating, to teaching and
motivating, to checking in, to correcting, it is... alas...all up to you
to build a team that delivers. Some managers love the people management
side of their role, while others simply tolerate it. Either way, we'll
look at the most critical elements of "performance management" that can
help any manager be more confident, and will help a good manager be even
better!

Speaker: Stuart Brooks

Stuart is the Principal of the RC Taylor Group. With 20 years in top
management roles in specialty retail, Stuart works with leaders to
identify and commit to the purpose in their organizations, and then to
build confident, engaged, purpose-driven teams. Recruiting, teaching,
and motivating successful teams has taught him that leaders are the
"keepers of the culture," requiring that they be minute-to-minute role
models to their associates ---- a much easier feat when always in touch
with one's own purpose in the work. He holds a degree in English from
the University of Vermont, and an MBA from Case Western Reserve
University.

And, Stuart wants the ARMA group to know that his wife is an archivist,
so he is well-acquainted with the totally incomplete understandings
people have about "records management."

** This event is being sponsored by GRM **

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:30 PM  - 8:00 PM

The Muse Hotel

130 West 46th Street, lower dining room, New York, NY 10036

Business Attire

*       ARMA Metro NYC Chapter Member $52.00

*       Non-Member $67.00

*       ARMA Metro NYC Chapter Member Walk-In $80.00

*       Non-Member Walk-In $95.00

*       Student $25.00

RSVP by Monday, May 16, 2011 at
http://guest.cvent.com/d/qhEGH8Nzw0SCixZWuy2q_A/rn52/P1/1Q