From:
Wayne Hoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2011 09:23:43 -0400
With any project that requires an enterprise-wide roll out, there's bound to be
work to come for years.  Perhaps you'll do a pilot with one department, and
then roll it out to others, for example.  There's training for all current
employees in the new system, and for new employees going forward.  There
are security groups to manage.  There are amendments to the system on an
ongoing basis.  On top of all that, once departments start using it, they want
to see what else they can get with it, and so a host of additional mini-
projects get spawned from the main one.

The only thing that holds back on the amount of work to be done is
resources.  For me that's typically IT resources; in my organization there's an
IT process for doing everything that has its place but it slows things down.
You may not have that kind of IT culture, and even if you did, your new hire
might be an IT-ish kind of position and lend itself well to the project.

So press forth!  My guess is that, after getting a new hire, in a year's time
you'll wonder how you thought you'd ever get everything done that had to be
done.

Wayne Hoff, CRM