From:
"Annunziello, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:33:55 -0400
This is part of what I am trying to ascertain as a Canadian entity.  The
one standard you may want to consider is from the Canadian General
Standards Board.  Look for CAN/CGSB-72.11-93.  Here is an excerpt from
it.

According to CAN/CGSB-72.11-93 the following factors are necessary for
the implementation of a credible image management program:

1.	The written authority from senior management to establish the
image management program.
2.	The program's integration into the usual and ordinary course of
business of the organization.
3.	The written authority for the regular disposal of source records
a reasonable period of time after the microfilming or image capture
process.
4.	The establishment and documentation of the program's systems and
procedures.
5.	Provision for quality assurance (see part IV, par2.1*)
6.	Provision for appropriate storage and preservation of storage
medium considering its desired retention period.
7.	The program's conformity to all applicable micrographics and
electronic image standards as set out in Part 1, section 2.

*Part IV, par2.1:  Quality Assurance
Quality assurance involves a series of audits carried out periodically
by an independent party to verify that all the control activities of a
given program follow all the applicable technical standards and
recommended industry practices.  It ensures that overall control of the
operations is being carried out faithfully and effectively at all
stages.  The emphasis of quality assurance in on the planning, reviewing
and auditing of the goals, objectives and procedures of the overall
quality management program.

This is generic in nature.  From my research, I believe that so long as
your imaging program has a documented, quality controlled scenario using
integrity, accountibility you are covered.  We got a legal opinion in
our organization and originals are the only valid case when talking
about documents that have seals or stamps attached.  The verdict is
still out on documents with origninal signatures.

Hope this helps.