From:
Dwight WALLIS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:22:39 -0700
Just some additional comments, less about image legality, more about HR
records. There may be policies regarding the handling of grievances and
disciplinary actions differently from the main HR record, particularly if
you are a union shop. Consequently, the image capture and indexing may need
to be done in a manner that allows these to be isolated and disposed of out
of the main employee record.

I'm not sure whether this is the case in Canada, but in the US, employee
medical records need to be maintained separately from the main HR employee
file as well, also impacting image capture, indexing, access and workflow.

I'm going to be honest: Some of the worst mistakes I've seen in imaging have
occurred in HR systems, most often related to poor documentation that
doesn't survive the next re-organization, or a failure to recognize that
some of these records can have fairly long term retentions based on term of
employment + X years.

--
Dwight Wallis, CRM
Multnomah County Records Management Program