From:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2011 16:58:45 -0800
There has been an increase in LinkedIn discussions regarding the continued
importance of microfilm with a real concern being expressed since Kodak
removed itself from direct contact with the microfilm users.

 But Kodak did not discontinue manufacturing the microfilm products still
needed and used worldwide.

In fact all three manufacturers continue production of their microfilm
products.

*Agfa's* primary world wide contact has been for many years and continues
to be:

Eurold Coart

Agfa Materials

Business Manager

Microfilm & Aerial Film

MAT/Sales & Marketing

T  +32 3444 8085 | F  +32 3 444 8052 | M  +32 494 56 10 75

Agfa-Gevaert NV, Septestraat 27, 2640 Mortsel, Belgium

http://www.agfa.com

The USA distributor continues to be:

The Crowley Company

5111 Pegasus Court, Suite M, Frederick, MD  21704

240-215-0234

http://www.thecrowleycompany.com

*Fuji'*s primary contact in the USA is:

Randy L. Petree

Cell:  817-271-1262

Office:  401-522-9472

Email: [log in to unmask]

And recently he stated:

*FUJIFILM’s digital image to archive media equipment business remains
active, delivering solutions for replacing competitive devices and analog
cameras in the marketplace.  The FUJIFILM Archive Recording System AR-1000
continues to improve by providing new features and increased ease of use
from input from a growing customer base. *

* *

*Based on the widespread use of enterprise wide PC networks, digital image
document management systems are the retrieval solution of choice. Microfilm
remains one of the best long term storage media available especially
considering it is an eye readable analog format with proven ISO standards.  I
would expect the demand for microfilm as a backup will continue for those
entities required to manage accurate and reliable records over many decades.
The piece of mind of vital records backed up on microfilm is cost effective
insurance for digital image platforms.   *

* *

*FUJIFILM continues to support the microfilm industry with a direct
interest from a manufacturing, sales, distribution and support basis.  If
you review overall sales revenue FUJIFILM has proven to be able to
diversify and grow our total business over the last several years.  Microfilm
remains a viable part of our total business and as a long term solution for
records management. *

*Eastman Park Micrographics* is now the world wide distributor of
*Kodak*microfilms.

The majority of former Kodak microfilm product employees are now Eastman
Park employees.

One of their key employees who we have all look to over many decades for
assistance with any micrographics issue is:

Robert Breslawski

Worldwide Product Director

www.epminc.com

585-781-4551

And recently he stated:

*As many of you are aware; Eastman Kodak Company has completed the sale of
certain assets of its microfilm products and equipment business to Eastman
Park Micrographics, Inc.*

*Eastman Park Micrographics and its affiliates, headquartered in Dallas,
have a long and proven track record of providing products and services
related to archival storage, retrieval, restoration and preservation of
historical documents and records in county recorder offices throughout the
U.S.*

*Eastman Park Micrographics facility and experienced staff has moved from a
KODAK film manufacturing building to a leased facility of about 100,000
square feet at Eastman Business Park in Rochester NY. *

* *

*While we are located in Rochester NY, we are totally separate company and
are free to provide as many services and products in addition to KODAK
microfilm products that we feel our partners in the preservation community
need.  *

* *

*It is our intention to continue the same Disaster Recovery services at no
charge at our facility.  To the best of my knowledge we are the only
company in the world that has a fixed site continuously available to all
partners and customers of partners.  *

*We also maintain a list of partners who can provide other specialty
services such as Disaster Recovery of microfiche and also provide Acetate
to Polyester duplication services.*

* *

*The Quality assurance laboratory is at the same location and will provide
process control monitoring under the Infoguard Lab monitoring process as
well as The Document Archive Writer Infoguard lab program which monitors
quality produced on KODAK Document Archive Writers Model 4800 and KODAK
I9600 series Film Writers.*

* *

*All these services are provided as a benefit to all users of high quality
KODAK microfilm products and services.   *

*These services along with the most complete line of films and equipment
possible are the strategic intent of Eastman Park Micrographics.   We will
be selling the complete line of KODAK microfilms worldwide.*

*  *

*We do intend to offer the same high quality products that all can and have
trusted.  Please check us out at http://www.epminc.com or you can email us
at mailto:[log in to unmask]*

* *

*While KODAK is struggling to reinvent itself I can say personally that
after 37 years that it is still a company loaded with great people and
talent. *

*Their film manufacturing facility is streamlined and focused to continue
to provide the products we all need.*

*Please stay tuned!*

If you have any specific questions feel free to contact me

John R Glover

707-773-1257

www.linkedin.com/in/johnrglover