From:
"Link, Gary M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 07:48:16 -0500
It is very important to give this group substantive items to accomplish
at each meeting, or they will stop participating. "To do" lists can
include:

 - review of software packages being considered (so that RIM can
participate in this process)
 - development and scheduling of RIM training inside their departments,
same for compliance audits
 - review and updating of data maps
 - review of RIM metrics re: services to their depts., ex: retrieval
requests, incompletes, problems
 - review of RIM budget(s)
 - discussion of enterprise-wide policies and issues concerning RIM, or
in which RIM can help
 - updating them on new privacy laws, etc.

You can go on and on from there.

I don't do a classic RIM Committee. Instead, I put together "working
groups" to accomplish specific tasks, and ask the participation of
interested members of the stakeholder departments, trying to get a
vertical representation rather than a horizontal "department head from
all departments." But we are a small organization, and that is a good
fit for us.

Gary Link
Pittsburgh, PA