From:
"Alfaro, Vladimir" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2012 13:34:56 -0500
Hello all,

I am seeking assistance with respect to which audit trails we should have set to on within our ECM app.  Two weeks ago we started our upgrade to DCTM 6.7 and one of the issues we have in our current app is that the audit trail performance is atrocious.  By atrocious I mean that it takes several minutes to view/access the audit trail for a particular record.  I have been told that the reason why this is happening deals with the way the audit trails were set in our current app - that is we have all or most of the audit trail modules set to on to keep track of object and custom types, including various app jobs, etc.

So, from a RM and compliance perspective (our main drivers) what audit trails should we be managing?   The ones I can think of right away are:

Audit trails to show when a record was accessed, who accessed, and what operations were performed. This would include User Name, Date, Read, Edit/Write, Copy, Move, Delete.

What other audit trails should I consider?

As always, thank you in advance for your assistance.

Have a great weekend!

Vladimir