From:
"Bob \"Mister\" Rogers" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2012 10:57:37 -0500
Hugh,

If you go to http://wiki.digitalrepositoryauditandcertification.org/bin/view
you will find a link to the CCSDS.org website where the final draft version
of both of the standards is located.

Last month David Giaretta and I gave presentations at the Preservation and
Archiving Special Interest Group (PASIG) meeting in Austin on the subject.
Both of our presentations are posted on the PASIG website
(sun-pasig.ning.com).

ISO16363 represents an extension of the OAIS model; neither of the standards
specifically address cloud-based preservation issues.  There is work going
on at SNIA related to long-term retention in the cloud by the vendor
community, and research work in several places world-wide.

There is a really interesting blog from Allison Druin who was a member of
the team that ran "pilot audits" of trusted digital repositories last summer
that you can read at
http://mdischool.blogspot.com/2011/08/quiet-time-for-research.html.

Bob Rogers

240.632.9361 (office)