From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2012 15:47:12 -0400
 I rarely comment on what I post (just don't have the time), but I found
this statement in this article to be especially egegrious

"But Hackett noted that Ackman’s conduct took place some 20 years ago. “And
it’s not fair to hold him to today’s standards,” primarily instituted after
the Enron Corp. scandal of 2001, she said. "

when I entered the profession over 30 years ago I was taught that whenever
the possibility of litigation was known records should not be destroyed.
All that the Enron/Andersen debacle did was to raise the awareness that one
needed to be managing their records on an every day basis not when
necessary. This was the problem with Andersen they had not been following
their records retention schedules. The attorney had sent out a message
telling everyone to make sure they were in compliance. This started the
shredders humming.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va