From:
"Link, Gary M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2012 07:40:04 -0400
Pitt bomb threat inquiry reaches to NYC, April 16, 2012 12:49 am, By Jon
Schmitz / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

"An Internet hosting service visited by FBI agents last week in the
probe of bomb threats against the University of Pittsburgh has announced
that it can't and won't cooperate with the investigation.

In a statement posted on its website, May First/People Link said its
director was unable to answer questions posed by two agents who visited
the organization's New York City offices on Wednesday but "even if we
could cooperate, we wouldn't."

"We will not cooperate with any investigation into the identities,
activities or perspectives of any of our members or any of the users of
our systems," the statement said, citing a desire to protect "free and
unfettered communications" on the Internet.

According to the statement, the director, Jamie McClelland, met agents
at the door to the organization's offices in the borough of Brooklyn and
they showed him copies of three emailed threats that appeared to have
been relayed from a server at May First/People Link. The Internet
protocol address on the emails was assigned to ECN, an Internet provider
in Italy that runs a server that sends anonymous emails.

"The agents asked Jamie questions about these emails. He couldn't answer
their questions and still can't. We have no control over that server and
no access to it and since it is an anonymous email server, there is no
record of who is using it. We simply cannot cooperate because we have no
information to share," the statement said."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/news/education/pitt-bomb-threat-inqu
iry-reaches-to-new-york-631602/

Confidential Information: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Additionally, the sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail in error, please reply immediately to the sender and permanently delete this transmission, including any attachments.