From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:04:05 -0400
Couple of more links that may be beneficial

*"Information governance*, or *IG*, is an emerging term used to encompass
the set of multi-disciplinary structures, policies, procedures, processes
and controls implemented to manage information at an enterprise level,
supporting an organization's immediate and future regulatory, legal, risk,
environmental and operational requirements."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_governance

"Gartner’s own (official, which means we argued about every word)
definition of is as follows:

 *Information governance* is the specification of decision rights and an
accountability framework to encourage desirable behavior in the valuation,
creation, storage, use, archival and deletion of information. It includes
the processes, roles, standards and metrics that ensure the effective and
efficient use of information in enabling an organization to achieve its
goals.

 It is derived from our definition of IT governance which ‘may be defined
as the processes that ensure effective and efficient use of IT in enabling
an organization to achieve its goals’."

http://blogs.gartner.com/debra_logan/2010/01/11/what-is-information-governance-and-why-is-it-so-hard/

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA