From:
John Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2012 21:21:44 -0400
Exactly. The situation largely determines what is appropriate and most
generally acceptable to everyone in the room. However, there will be times
when technology distractions created by others requires some way of
intervention or correcting the situation as politely as possible.

To this day, I still cannot believe the number of people who will sit down
right next to you in an airport or on an airplane and start talking very
loudly on their cell phones. I have on occasion just gotten out my cell
phone and started talking louder than they do while facing them. They
usually get the message and move elsewhere. ........ Usually, but not
always.

John Phillps
Information Technology Decisions
www.infotechdecisions.net