From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2012 11:27:04 -0400
> Wayne Hoff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Larry said, "...if DOD 5015.2 v3 compliance is important to you for deploying
>use of this product."
>
> I would conjecture that, unless your organzation handles extremely sensitive
>documents (such as the Department of Defense does) then DoD-certified
>software is a bad choice.
>
>That's not to say that RIM software is best without security and controls; I'm
>saying that it needs to be commensurate with the requirements of the
>organization.  I don't know Wendy's information requirements - perhaps DoD-
>certified software is the best choice in that case - but it is most definitely
>worth investigating.

Agree with what Wayne is saying here... (I don't think it's a BAD idea, but
maybe unnecessary) no organization needs to 'overbuy' functionality and
control.  However, if you are a client/contractor of a Federal Agency or in
some cases, regulated by one... it does pay to go the distance and seek RM
Applications that meet the 36CFR requirements.

And if you have been following this, 36CFR HAS RELAXED their requirements in
the latest revision.  It now states: "Recordkeeping functionality may be
built into the electronic information system or records can be transferred
to an electronic recordkeeping repository, such as a DoD- 5015.2
STD-certified product. "

So even NARA is understanding that not ALL Agencies require the full-tilt
boogie approach of DoD5015.2 v3

Larry