From:
Gordy Hoke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gordy Hoke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2012 08:16:35 -0500
My issues with the Cloud read like a litany from GARP: Accountability, Compliance, Transparency, Disposition, etc.

The Cloud is one more tool that records managers should keep in their toolbelt.  It may make sense, for example, at a lightly-regulated, very seasonal retail business that can take advantage of the Cloud's elasticity.  But, I suspect, for most records managers, it is analogous to that pair of needle-nose pliars with the 90-degree curve:  It's a great tool for special situations, but usually it sits in a small pocket near the back of my belt.

Gordy
Gordon E.J. Hoke, CRM

Gordon E.J. Hoke
Certified Records Manager