From:
"Enns, Lois" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:51:25 -0700
Good morning/afternoon everyone!

Here at the City of Surrey, we are implementing Open Text Content Server
(aka Livelink) as our ECM solution, including migrations of unstructured
files from networked drives.

At the same time, we are preparing for a physical move from our existing
city hall to a new building in 2013. Due to the move, there is an
increased demand for digitization of paper records. Because the move is
happening at a different pace and with different requirements than the
Open Text implementation, we are looking for a fast way to collect
metadata and images that are the products of digitization and to make
them available to the users who are not yet implemented to Open Text.
(We want to follow the current Open Text implementation process which
allows time for business analysis, change management, and training.)

We are considering MS SharePoint as an interim solution. We use the
product for our intranet, and have all of the licenses, and an existing
support model and team. We are viewing MS SharePoint as a temporary
repository that would be used until the implementation is complete, as
it would appear to be a low-hassle way of solving the access
requirement. We would plan to migrate the files into Open Text at the
appropriate point later on.

We are interested in hearing from any parties who have done a
digitization project using MS SharePoint, and/or who have migrated from
MS SharePoint to Open Text Content Server.

Thanks very much!
Lois

LOIS ENNS  BA MISt | RECORDS MANAGER
CITY OF SURREY
Legislative Services Division
14245 56 Ave, Surrey, BC, Canada V3X 3A2
P 604 591-4554 | 604 591 8731 www.surrey.ca